Scale Azure Object Storage and Azure Files to end users with the Enterprise File Fabric™, now available in Azure Marketplace.
The Enterprise File Fabric™ from Storage Made Easy® provides secure end user access to Azure Files, Azure Blob Storage and can unify other cloud and on-premises storage platforms into a single global file system.
London, August 19th 2020 - Storage Made Easy® (SME), Storage Made Easy® (SME), announced today that the Enterprise File Fabric platform can now be launched directly from Azure Marketplace. Azure customers are using the File Fabric to take advantage of the high durability, scalability and low cost of Microsoft Azure Cloud Services. Customers are able to securely extend access to end users and existing file-based applications, significantly reducing migration costs to the cloud.
The Enterprise File Fabric secure data management platform unifies siloed filesystems and object storage including Azure Files and Azure Blob Storage into a single, easily managed infrastructure. Organizations want to leverage the Azure cloud for their entire business, not just for archiving data and building cloud-based applications. With the Enterprise File Fabric platform, end users, through desktops and mobile devices, can access Azure storage as they would any network filesystem. In fact any application that can access a network drive can now take advantage of the high durability, scalability and low cost of Azure cloud storage.
- Network Drive - Cloud storage can be accessed through a network drive, with LDAP enforced permissions. Similar to a normal network drive, the File Fabric network drive provides web scale access to end users as it uses https web technology rather than using the slow SMB protocol. Users work with the file-based desktop tools and applications they are used to, including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Teams. Organizations can preserve investments in applications and processes as they move to the cloud, significantly reducing migration costs and risk.
- Universal Search - Content search indexes all files to provide a private search capability for corporate data. Content discovery provides continuous real-time monitoring for PII or other data.
- No Vendor Lock In - Unlike some other solutions, file names or content are not modified when stored in the cloud. The solution co-exists with applications using the data through native cloud APIs.
- Active Directory / LDAP / SAML SSO Integration - Full integration and single sign-on with Active Directory.
- Single Point of Compliance - A single point of control for data access, sharing, and governance. Policies support the management and discovery of personal data supporting GDPR, HIPAA and CCPA.
- Transfer Acceleration - M-Stream® file transfer acceleration speeds the upload and download of files into Azure Cloud and also between other clouds.
- File Event Auditing - The solution supports granular file event auditing with associated IP Address. Reports are searchable and obtainable as Excel reports or can be output as Syslog format for integration with tools such as Splunk.
- Secure File Sharing - Users can securely share Azure folders and files with expiration and download limits, password protection, and auditing, configured as for your corporate policy.
- Cloud Sync - Native file sync from Azure Cloud Storage to business desktops for Mac, Windows and Linux, as well as for iOS and Android devices.
Steven Sweeting, Director Product Management at Storage Made Easy said: "We've seen a huge demand for Azure services in the last 18 moths. With our technology organizations are preserving their existing file-based workflows as they take advantage of Azure cloud economies, consolidating costs and quickly onboarding newly remote workers. We’re thrilled that it’s even easier to onboard the File Fabric too – find us on the Azure Marketplace and click to launch!"
Find more information in our "Getting started with Microsoft Azure" guide.
Launch the Enterprise File Fabric now on: https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps/storage_made_easy.file_fabric
About Storage Made Easy (SME)
Storage Made Easy provides a multi-cloud data management and data protection product called the Enterprise File Fabric™ that unifies on-premises and on-cloud company storage assets in addition to standalone products that bridge desktop and cloud, such as operating system native cloud drives and cloud explorer applications.
The File Fabric provides cloud-like economics across a company's storage portfolio, unlocking the benefits and cost-efficiency of its data assets whilst providing strict controls and governance for legislative compliance and security concerns such as ransomware attacks. Existing site-based storage infrastructures can be transformed into an on-premises private cloud, delivering a storage-as-a- service model to the company. Local storage can be connected to public clouds, expertly managed by the File Fabric as a unified hybrid cloud storage platform.
The File Fabric solution offers a "blanket" that companies can privately apply to wrap around all their data: on-premises, within a public cloud, or on a third party software vendors' cloud (SharePoint or Salesforce for example). Customers can use the File Fabric for security, encryption and control with a focus on compliance regimes such as GDPR, HIPAA, FERPA and GBLA.
Customers include globally known broadcasting companies, one of the world’s largest social media companies, and also one of the largest global retailers, in addition to global internet service providers, universities and international government and governmental bodies.
The company is backed by one of the largest alternative asset managers in addition to entrepreneurs in the London market insurance industry, who have previously successfully sold their company to a listed peer.
Storage Made Easy is the trading name of Vehera LTD.
Steven Sweeting, Director Product Management at Storage Made Easy said: "We’ve seen a huge demand for Azure services in the last 18 moths. With our technology organizations are preserving their existing file-based workflows as they take advantage of Azure cloud economies, consolidating costs and quickly onboarding newly remote workers. We’re thrilled that it’s even easier to onboard the File Fabric too – find us on the Azure Marketplace and click to launch!"